Concrete Fence Molds

Attention all "Domies." Feel like discussing non-dome related topics, like "Cotton vs. Polyester" or "The real story behind monster trucks?" This is the place.

Concrete Fence Molds

Postby cezipper » Tue May 17, 2005 10:20 pm

Where can you get the molds that make spray in place fencing look like rock or brick? I have not had any luck finding them.
Charles Zipper
http://www.ZipperBrothers.com
Denison, TX
cezipper
Copper Level Member
Copper Level Member

Postby woodallestate.com » Tue May 17, 2005 11:49 pm

Hello Sir,
Q C. products (http://www.qcconprod.com ) 1-800-453-8213, has some very "expensive" form liners . If you are going to do a large area you might could justify the cost for the backside against the plywood & then stencil the shootiing side & hand tool & stain everything to color tone desired.
Hope that helps, Good luck.
Joe Woodall
woodallestate.com
Aluminum Level Member
Aluminum Level Member

Some help, but what has Monolithic used?

Postby cezipper » Thu May 19, 2005 4:28 pm

Thank you for your reply. But I am looking for the larger forms Monolithic has used on their display fences on their property. If anyone knows where they get them, please share that info.

Your reply has giving me the term "form liner" which has helped a lot. I was looking for forms before, web searches for form liners has given much better results. With spray in place, all I need is the liner, the form is simple. There is actually a http://www.formliner.com. That sight has a great selection. I just hope the cost is reasonable.
Charles Zipper
http://www.ZipperBrothers.com
Denison, TX
cezipper
Copper Level Member
Copper Level Member

Postby Mountain View » Fri May 20, 2005 3:39 pm

I have always wondered if one could spray a base layer and then lay rope haphzontally and vertically and spray the final layer. Lay it in patterns or haphazard - whatever look you are trying to achieve. As it sets up pull the rope off leaving the (rope) gout groves. Could use different sizes of rope dependant upon what look you wanted. Just wondering if anyone has tried this or something like it.
Mountain View
Dome Owner
Dome Owner

Postby Moreta » Fri May 20, 2005 11:34 pm

Debbie Travis did somethig like that for a wall I think it was in a house.. it was done a bit differently but it should work.

she used the paint masking tape cut it different widths, masked off the pattern she wanted.. with what she was doing it was faux bricks. and then used wall plaster/putty (having a mind fart can't remember what the stuff is for patching holes (spackle??) ) layering it over the whole thing.. then before it was totally dry, she pulled the tape i believe which gave it a raised edge look to the brick or made it look like the motar was irregular.. then she stained painted each one seperately.

I think the same thing could be done by using rope of different sizes or widths might be worth trying on a cinder block or something and playing with it a bit.

Mo
Moreta
Platinum Level Member
Platinum Level Member

Postby woodallestate.com » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:10 am

Did anyone ever find out what Monoilithic was using on those fences for rock molds ? Also , I have also run accross some concrete pumps from overseas that are really inexpensive. They seem to be pretty good from what I've been told & if anyone is intereested in purchase email me & we can discuss it.
Joe Woodall
706-283-3232
Sales@woodallhouseandgardens.com
woodallestate.com
Aluminum Level Member
Aluminum Level Member

Postby flux » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:11 am

Dude, if you're gonna try to sell stuff on this board, at least correct your spelling.
flux
Aluminum Level Member
Aluminum Level Member

Postby BWARDEN » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:33 pm

It's actually tacky to try and sell stuff (concrete pumps) on this bulletin board in competition with MDI, and is an abuse of MDI's good will in providing this forum. Shame on you.

Bob
BWARDEN
Dome Owner
Dome Owner

Postby jtownse2 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:21 pm

They have topic for that in the classified ads of the BB
Wayne
jtownse2
Dome Owner
Dome Owner

form liners

Postby Melinda » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:29 am

Where did we get the forms for the concrete fences?

Actually they are just concrete form liners. Type that into google and it will give you several companies which sell the liners in many different styles.

--Melinda of Monolithic
Melinda
Monolithic Dome Institute
Monolithic Dome Institute

Postby woodallestate.com » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:05 am

Dear Sirs, I Was Not Selling Anything, I Was Simply Just Going To Give The Information On The Side, To Those That Were Perhaps Interested In Shooting A Fence Cheaply. I Really Don’t Need To Sell Equipment; But Thanks For The Kind Comments. Anyway, I’ve Obviously Insulted You Few ,Though No Tort Was Intended. I Mistook The Meaning Of Friendly Comments Here & So In the Future, I’ll Not Return & I’ll Not Post Any Other Ideas.
Monolithic, Please Delete All Of My Post & Member Id ,Along With My Series Of Exchanges, If You Feel You Need To.
woodallestate.com
Aluminum Level Member
Aluminum Level Member

Postby Minnesota » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:29 pm

Thanks, Melinda. I was looking for that information myself.
Minnesota
Diamond Level Member
Diamond Level Member

Return to Off-Topic Forum