Using the eco shell I-24 into the Taurus design

Need help refining the design of your new dome? Have a wacky new design idea you'd like to bounce off the others? Let's have it.

Using the eco shell I-24 into the Taurus design

Postby Seadogbill » Mon May 18, 2009 9:12 am

I am 63 and I am ready to retire in another 5 years as a merchant seaman. I have been renting all my life so I have decided to build my own home with the eco-shell because I live in Puerto Rico and I am single( All the kids are grown). I don't need a very large area, but I do like my elbow room. I came up with an idea for a design like the old hacienda style with a modern twist to it. I want to take the eco-shell I-24 dome and build several domes in a circle close to each other but not connected. The domes are connected on the outside circumfrence by a small concrette wall or fence. The space between the domes could be used for shrubs and drain off from the center courtyard when it rains.On the inside circumfrence an eve will be made for a circular covered porch in case of rain and shade. I am thinking of taking colored insulated rebar and cross hatching across the courtyards opening. I can then take part of the rebar and grow vines or grape vines to act as shade and the other part for sunlight. All these units will be seperate for privacy and yet one unit and you must use the courtyard to access the rest of the units. The courtyard size would depend how large the circular layout. Is this a feasable design than the taurus. I would think using the same form would cut the cost in the overall expense. I will be using the same size form for building small homes for the farmers in the Dominican Republic. See my message under Newbies and the topic is Subtropical Insulation. I explain what I will be doing in the DR. I would appreciate some feed back on this house design. I liked Cloud Hidden's design at Domes for the Wold and the eve concept. It helps also the use of rain drain off for further water use.[size=150][/size]
Seadogbill
Aluminum Level Member
Aluminum Level Member

Re: Using the eco shell I-24 into the Taurus design

Postby AprilZer » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:24 pm

Speaking Of Puerto Rico I am there last 2 years,.Is there any new to that place.,?

Aluminum Level Member

Re: Using the eco shell I-24 into the Taurus design

Postby ready4jc » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:32 pm

You home in PR did you build it? I am considering moving to PR sometime this year. If you did build it how was the process? Any resistance?
ready4jc
Aluminum Level Member
Aluminum Level Member

Return to Design and Dream