The BBS is closed ...

January 31, 2015 — Before "social media" was even a phrase we were hosting our own social media right here on our bulletin board. We loved interacting with Monolithic Dome enthusiasts from all over the world. However, with the advent of social media the need for the BBS has evaporated. Posts are now few and far between. The BBS is now locked as a read only resource to preserve the many frustrations and successes of the past. This isn't the end. We will be focusing our efforts on monolithic.org as well as social media. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, or subscribe to our News Feed.

To all those who contributed to the success of this BBS — THANK YOU!

Cost of Building Indoor Beach Dome

Discussion of Financing for Monolithic Domes. If you are a lender interested in lending money for Monolithic Domes, place your ads here! If you are planning to build a dome and need help with financing, post your questions and we'll try to help.

Cost of Building Indoor Beach Dome

Postby julianc19 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:54 pm

Hi,

I am interested to know the cost (ballpark) of building a dome.

Dimensions: 200m x 100m x 35 m
Purpose: Indoor beach resort
Location: Griffintown, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. (Very solid ground, foundations would be easy to make. weather conditions are tough, can range between -40 F and 90 F)

I simply need to know a ballpark estimate. This is for a marketing project.

Thank you for your help.
julianc19
Aluminum Level Member
Aluminum Level Member

Postby DBS » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:49 am

The 200x100 equals 20,000 square meters. A dome of 20,000 Sm would be approx 160m in diameter. A ball park for that size Monolithic Dome will be about $15 million. I hope that helps. That is a big big building. It would be clear span and about 40 to 50 meters in height. DBS
DBS
President, Monolithic
President, Monolithic

Return to Financing